ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER ACT DISCLOSURES AND ELECTRONIC BANKING AGREEMENT
The following terms, conditions and disclosures are made to you to explain electronic banking at PFFCU. They govern all consumer electronic banking and transfers, including those made by use of your PFFCU Debit Card, ATM Card, Express Banker, PC EXPRESS and Bill Payer, if you have selected any of these services. Some examples are:
- transactions at automated teller machines (ATMs);
- purchases from merchants made by using your ATM or PFFCU Debit Card;
- transferring funds from your account through Express Banker or PC EXPRESS or paying bills through Bill Payer;
- any other fund transfers to or from your account(s) that you preauthorize, such as direct deposits and automatic payments to or from your accounts, if made electronically.
You should also refer to certain other documents for terms and conditions relating to your account:
- your Member Account Agreement
- Express Banker, PC EXPRESS and Bill Payer Instructions
- List of Fees and Charges
- The Consumer Funds Availability Policy for information concerning the availability for withdrawals of deposits that have been made electronically or by other means.
In this Agreement, the following words or terms shall have the following meanings:
- Access Device means any card, including ATM and VISA Debit, PIN, password, or other device that allows you to access your PFFCU account by electronic means.
- "account" or "accounts" will mean your PFFCU savings or checking account, or any other account which you have arranged with us to access with your card or by any other electronic method.
- "ACH" will mean the Automated Clearinghouse
- "Agreement" means the Electronic Banking Agreement contained in this Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure Statement
- "ATM" will mean automated teller or banking machine
- "ATM Operator" will mean any person or entity that operates an ATM at which a consumer initiates an electronic funds transfer or balance inquiry, and that does not hold an account to or from which the transfer is made, or about which the inquiry is made.
- "ATM Transaction" will mean a transaction conducted through an automated teller or banking machine.
- "card" will mean your PFFCU ATM card or PFFCU Debit Card
- "Debit Card" will mean your PFFCU Debit Card
- "Non-Pin Purchase" will mean a purchase made by the use of a card without the use of a PIN.
- "PIN" and "Password" will mean your confidential personal identification number or other confidential code assigned to you by PFFCU, or selected by you for identification purposes, in connection with the use of your card, or with other electronic banking transactions.
- "PIN Purchase" will mean a purchase made by the use of a card and a PIN
- "PFFCU", "Credit Union", "we" or "us" will mean the Police and Fire Federal Credit Union
- "transaction" will mean any consumer banking transaction, including deposits and withdrawals, that is initiated through an electronic terminal, telephone, computer, or magnetic tape, for the purpose of ordering, instructing, or authorizing a debit or credit to your account.
- "you" or "your" will mean the PFFCU account holder who has applied for or uses any PFFCU services subject to the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Types of Available Transactions and Limits on Transactions
You may use Express Banker and PC EXPRESS to:
- Access share and loan rates
- transfer funds from share to share or share to loan
- review share or loan history
- check balances on your Credit Union account
- review checks that have cleared
- complete inter-account transfers to up to nine (9) pre-authorized Credit Union accounts
- transfer funds from your Line of Credit or Home Equity Line to shares
You may use Bill Payer to:
- Pay pre-authorized bills directly by touch tone telephone, to up to forty (40) merchants, from your Credit Union checking account.
All payees are subject to Credit Union approval, and the Credit Union may withdraw its approval of any payee, at any time, at its sole discretion, with 21 day prior notice to you.
- By providing us with the merchant name and address, you authorize us to honor any payment instructions that we receive from you through 24-Hour Express Banker and PC EXPRESS. You may designate the day on which payment should be sent, and should allow at least five (5) to seven (7) business days for mailing and processing by the Credit Union and the merchant. You agree that the Credit Union will not be responsible for any late charges or other costs and penalties due to a late payment, or for payments that are not received by the merchant.
You may use your card at an ATM bearing any ATM network logo that appears on your card to:
- withdraw money from an account
- deposit money into an account at ATM Machines that accept deposits.
- effect transfers to and from accounts
- receive information regarding the balances in your account(s)
- make cash advances from your credit account(s)
- If you have a checking account connected to your card, you may use your card and/or PIN to make purchases at merchants who have agreed to accept the card.
- If your card is a PFFCU Debit Card, you may use your card to make purchases at any merchant where VISA Debit Cards are accepted.
- If you have an account at any VISA member bank and your card is a PFFCU Debit Card, you may also obtain cash from your checking account.
- You may also use ATMs throughout the United States and Canada that bear the PLUS SYSTEM name and logo. Some of the services described above may not be available at all ATMs.
- Use of your card and/or PIN or Password is also subject to the following limitations:
- You may not be able to make deposits at ATMs located outside Pennsylvania
- There are maximum limits on the amount of total ATM withdrawals or purchases you can make using your card in any calendar day.
- The amounts of these maximums will be disclosed to you when you receive your card. Additionally, you may only be able to withdraw cash in certain multiples, as indicated at each ATM
- There are limits on the amount of cash you may withdraw or transfer immediately after you make a deposit. (See the Funds Availability Policy for more information)
- There may be limits on the amount of total ATM deposits you may make using your card in any calendar day. Note also, that the limits on your use of your card may be different at terminals owned by institutions other than us.
You may make no more than six (6) preauthorized, telephone, or automatic transfers from your accounts, other than checking, to other accounts or third parties during each monthly statement period. This does not include transferring funds from your share account (other than checking) to pay your loan(s) at the Credit Union.
Documentation and Charges for Transfers
- You will receive a reference number at the end of each call you make with Express Banker.
- If you have a checking account, you will receive a monthly statement, which will document all transfers, deposits and withdrawals from your account(s). If you do not have a checking account, you will receive a statement quarterly.
- For PFFCU Debit Card and ATM transactions, you will receive, or have the option to receive, a receipt at the time you perform a transaction with the card.
- There are no fees assessed for the use of 24-Hour Express Banker, PC EXPRESS or Bill Payer. The Credit Union reserves the right to institute charges at any time, and you will be notified at least 30 days before any charges go into effect.
- PFFCU assesses charges for certain card transactions or for the right to perform such transactions. These charges are explained in the Credit Union’s List of Fees and Charges, which may be amended from time to time. Also, additional fees may be charged by other financial institutions, ATM operator and/or any network for certain card transactions (which may include balance inquiries, even if you do not complete a funds transfer) at ATM machines they own or operate.
- Any additional charges are explained in the Credit Union’s List of Fees and Charges, which may be amended from time to time.
Member’s Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
You must contact the Credit Union at once if you believe your card PIN, or password has been acquired, lost or stolen, or if you believe that money is missing from your account. Telephoning the Credit Union is the best way to keep any possible losses to a minimum.
For Unauthorized Electronic Transfers, including ATM Transactions and PIN Purchases with your ATM or PFFCU Debit Card:
- If you contact the Credit Union within two (2) business days after you are aware of the acquisition, loss or theft of your pin or password, you can be responsible for no more than $50.00, if someone used your PIN or password without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PIN or password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from accessing your account, without your permission, if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows electronic transfers or transactions that you did not make, you must tell us at once. If you do not contact the Credit Union within sixty (60) days after the statement on which the error appears was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
- If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
- The Credit Union’s business days are Monday through Saturday, as posted in our branches, and does not include legal holidays.
- If you believe that your card, PIN, or password has been lost, stolen, or acquired by someone else, or that transfers have been made without your permission, please call the phone number or write to the address shown at the end of this disclosure.
Special Rules for Verified Unauthorized Non-Pin Purchases:
- If your statement shows transfers using your Debit Card for a Non-Pin Purchase that you did not authorize, or if your card was lost or stolen, tell us at once to prevent further misuse of your card. If we investigate the transfer and determine that it was not authorized, you will not incur any loss or liability.
PFFCU’s Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
Should PFFCU fail to complete an automatic transfer, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, and the Rules and Regulations, when properly instructed by the account owner(s), the Credit Union will be responsible for losses or damages. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If you do not have enough money in your account, or you will exceed the limit on your overdraft account or credit line
- If circumstances beyond our control prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we could have taken
- If the transfer or transaction cannot be made because of a legal restriction affecting your account
- If the ATM where you are making the transaction does not have enough cash
- If the terminal or system was not working properly, and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer
- If you have not provided us with complete and correct payment information for Bill Payer
- If your operating system was not functioning properly
Right to Stop Payments on Preauthorized Transfers
If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments in the following way:
- Call us or write to us at the address and telephone number shown below, in time for us to receive your request three (3) business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. Be sure to tell us the name of the person or company to whom the payment is scheduled to be made and the amount of the payment you wish to stop. If you call, you must put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. You will be charged the stop payment fee listed on our Schedule of Fees and Costs. If a payment is made to the payee/merchant electronically, and the funds have already been deducted from your account, it is not possible to stop payment. Likewise, if payment is made to a payee/merchant via check, and the check has already been cashed by the payee/merchant, you may not stop payment.
- If you order us to stop one of these payments three (3) business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Right to Receive Notice of Varying Amounts
If these regular payments vary in amount, you may choose to get notice when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.
Electronic Check Conversions
PFFCU processes electronic check conversions. An electronic check conversion is a transfer, via ACH where you give a check to a merchant, or other third party in order to capture the routing, account or serial numbers to initiate an electronic funds transfer, whether the check is blank, partially completed, or fully completed and signed, whether the check is presented at a point of sale transaction, mailed to the merchant, or other payee and later converted to an electronic funds transfer; or whether the check is retained by the consumer, the merchant or other payee, or the payee’s financial institution. The merchant or other payee will collect the check electronically via ACH from your PFFCU checking account by converting it to an electronic funds transfer. Also, return check charges may be processed by electronic payment if you have authorized a merchant or other third party to do so.
You also have the ability to make ACH type transfers known as WEB and TEL code transactions. A WEB code transaction is an electronic funds transfer authorized by a consumer over the internet (including debit entries authroized via Wireless Networks) and initiated by a third party through the ACH network. A TEL code transaction is similar in nature except that the transfer is authorized over the phone. As part of the transaction, you, the consumer, provide the third party with your account and routing information, either through the internet or over the phone.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant, or other financial institution
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders or investigations or examinations by our bank regulators
- If you give us your written permission
- In the investigation or prosecution of alleged fraudulent activity concerning your accounts, or
- As you may have otherwise authorized in other agreements with us.
In Case of Questions or Errors About Your Electronic Transfers
Call the telephone number or write to the address shown at the end of this disclosure as soon as you can, if you believe your statement or receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction listed on your statement or receipt. The Credit Union must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send you the first statement on which the problem or error occurred.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction about which you are unsure, and explain, as clearly as you can, why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, you are required to send your complaint or question, in writing, to us within 10 business. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you have the use of this money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we do not receive your complaint or question, in writing, within 10 days, we do not have to credit your account.
For transactions at foreign ATMs and Point of Sale transactions, we have 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, as detailed above.
For transactions to or from an account 30 days after the first deposit was made to the account, we have 20 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 20 business days for the amount you think is in error, as detailed above.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. If money was credited to your account during our investigation, PFFCU may reverse this credit and withdraw the funds from your account.
You may request copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
- In order to be eligible and remain eligible for all PFFCU electronic services, you must be a member in good standing. The submission of a membership application, your request for or use of a PFFCU Debit or ATM card, Express Banker, PC EXPRESS or Bill Payer shall mean that you agree to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and Disclosures, and any modifications thereof. Any modifications will become effective 15 days (or such other time as required by law) after notice of the modification is posted in any of our branches, or in any other manner that is appropriate. Your use of your PFFCU Debit or ATM Card, Express Banker, PC EXPRESS or Bill Payer, after the effective date of any modifications or changes shall constitute your acceptance and agreement to the modifications or changes.
- The Credit Union, at any time, and without notice (unless required by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act) reserves the right to modify, eliminate or add any and all of the services that are currently available to you by the use of your PFFCU Debit or ATM Card, Express Banker, PC EXPRESS or Bill Payer. The Credit Union may also add new services or features. If new services are added, your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced. The Credit Union may, without notice, terminate or suspend the operation of any and all Debit or ATM Cards, including participation with associated vendors and merchants. PFFCU may also limit the amount of on-line access per month or per session with PC EXPRESS, and may terminate or suspend the operation of PC EXPRESS, associated vendors or merchants, without notice.
- If this is a joint account, all joint owners are jointly and severally liable for all transactions, and of the security of the Access Devices, including PINs and Passwords, under the terms of this, and any other agreement. All joint owners are, therefore, liable and responsible for any negative shares and/or overdrafts that occur through any electronic transaction. As such, you agree to be bound by the Set Off provisions contained in the Membership Agreement.
- Where you have authorized another person (whether a joint owner, or not) to use your cards or Express Banker, PC EXPRESS or Bill Payer, in any manner, your authorization shall be unlimited in amount, time and manner, unless you directly inform the Credit Union otherwise.
- You acknowledge that the PIN and/or password that you have selected, when used with your PFFCU Debit or ATM Card, Express Banker, PC EXPRESS or Bill Payer, acts as your signature, identifies the user and authenticates and validates the directions given by you, as if given to a human teller. Your PIN and/or password are confidential, and therefore, YOU AGREE TO TAKE ALL REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS THAT NO ONE ELSE LEARNS YOUR PIN AND/OR PASSWORD. Precautions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Not disclosing your PIN/password to another person
- Not writing your PIN on your card
- Not keeping a written record of your PIN and/or password anywhere near your card or computer.
- In connection with a request for a card or other electronic services, and subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Credit Union may request, obtain and use consumer and credit reports, and exchange credit information in connection with any current application, and later reviews of your accounts. In the event that you do not qualify for a PFFCU Debit Card, you will be automatically considered for a ATM card, subject to credit approval
- This Agreement may be modified at any time, without notice, except where notice must be given with the terms and conditions herein. This Agreement is subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and any federal laws that may apply.
- Final credit of all deposits and payments made by you at an ATM is subject to verification by the Credit Union of the actual amounts deposited and paid, notwithstanding the figures shown on the receipt or a balance inquiry at the time of deposit or payment. For all check, draft and non-cash items deposited at an ATM, the Credit Union has the right to collect the funds before any amount of the deposit is credited to your account. These policies are governed by the Funds Availability Policy, which is available at our branches. You agree to pay any amount of such deposits that are not collected.
- Certain types of deposits, including but not limited to checks that are doubly endorsed, or are not otherwise properly endorsed, cannot be accepted at ATMs, and we reserve the right to reject such deposits. We have the right to refuse or to return all or part of a deposit at any time. In addition, we may, from time to time, limit the type, number and dollar amounts of any transfers made by the use of a card, notwithstanding the amount in your account, and terminate or suspend the operation of any or all cards, ATMs, merchants, without notice, unless otherwise required by law.
- We may refuse to issue a card to you, or to reissue a card to you if you previously had one. Any card issued is the property of the Credit Union and must be surrendered upon request. The card is not transferable and may cancelled, revoked or limited by us at any time, without notice. For your protection, your card may also be retained in situations where it appears to us that there is, or may be a danger of theft, loss or unauthorized use.
- Your card may be retained by an ATM or merchant, if among other reasons:
- the PIN is wrong after repeated attempts
- your card was reported lost or stolen
- you have filed for bankruptcy
- your card was closed for misuse
- any of your Credit Union accounts have been closed or are delinquent
- you have outstanding obligations with us that remain unfulfilled
- your card has expired or has not been used within a two-year period
- the ATM is not functioning properly
- Upon receipt of a request for authorization of a transaction using your PFFCU Debit Card, you authorize us to deduct the amount immediately from the available balance in your checking account. If sufficient funds are not available in your checking account, the funds may be deducted from the available balance in your savings account. You agree that you may not place stop payment orders on any transaction originated by your PFFCU Debit Card, including arrangements made with payees/merchants for recurring payments
- Your card, without notice, may not be able to initiate certain transactions if:
- your checking account is overdrawn or there are not sufficient funds in your checking or other account(s) (if available) to complete the attempted transaction
- you have reached or your request would exceed the withdrawal limits
- you exceed your overdraft line of credit or are not in good standing with regard to your card or your other Credit Union accounts.
- No electronic fund transfer may be made and no transfer that you attempt to initiate, will be completed if your card is damaged, has expired, has been cancelled or revoked, or is retained for any reason or your account has been closed
- To the extent applicable, your Membership Agreement with PFFCU also applies to any electronic transfer made from or to your accounts, by use of your card or other electronic method. This Agreement will control in the event of any conflict. For instructions relating to Express Banker, PC EXPRESS and Bill Payer, please refer to the applications for each.
- You agree that any cards issued to you will not be used for any illegal transfer(s) or acts.
Basic Safety Precautions for ATM Use
- Be alert to your surroundings, and do not use any ATM if circumstances cause you to have concern for your safety.
- After entering an ATM, close the entry door of any ATM facitity equipped with a door.
- Please cash withdrawn form an ATM securely on your person before exiting any ATM facility
- Direct complaints concerning ATM security to PFFCU using the telephone number shown at the end of this disclosure statement.
POLICE AND FIRE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
901 ARCH STREET
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107
215-931-0300 * 800-228-8801
To Report a Lost or Stolen ATM of PFFCU Debit Card
After Hours, Please Call 215-931-2409