In 2018, We Returned $18 million to Members!1
It pays to be a Member. On December 11th, PFFCU posted $18 million into our members’ accounts. As a member, you earned 10% of your loan interest paid, deposit interest earned, and courtesy overdraft fees paid January 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018. All members in good standing were eligible to receive up to $1,000. We truly appreciate your membership and the Member Bonus Program is our way of saying thank you!
Review the Member Bonus program details at PFFCU.org/MemberBonus and maximize what you earn in 2019.2 One way to do so is to refinance your loans held elsewhere with PFFCU, including PFFCU 30-year Mortgage Loans sold to Fannie Mae, which are not eligible for the Member Bonus. The more business you do with PFFCU, the bigger your bonus!
New Online/Mobile Banking System Conversion
Coming May 2019
We are working diligently to provide a superior Online/Mobile Banking experience this year to our members. With the conversion to a new system, you’ll have the full PFFCU banking experience across all devices. This means that whether you access your accounts using your mobile device, tablet or laptop, you’ll be able to enjoy the full banking experience. Manage accounts, check balances, transfer funds, view transactions, pay bills, make deposits, and more.
Joint owners will also have the ability to have their own Online/Mobile Banking login. This means that primary and joint members on an account will no longer need to use the same login information, making it easier to manage your finances.
Enhanced Mobile Banking Tools and Security
The new Online/Mobile banking system will provide you with enhanced tools and security. For example, if you misplace your credit card, you can easily lock your card until you locate it. Then easily unlock your card at any time. Further, when you log in to the system for the first time, register a new device or do a higher-risk online transaction, you’ll be prompted to validate your identity with multi-factor authentication. This uses random, single-use codes delivered directly to you via text, phone or email. This added layer of security makes it more difficult for a cyber-thief to gain access to your accounts. Therefore PFFCU must have your current mobile number, home number, and email address.
To validate or update your contact information, please log into Online Banking. Select Services in the top navigation, then “Continue” next to Change Contact Information. You can also call 215-931-0300 or 800-228-8801, or stop at a branch.
We’ll also need joint owner contact information to ensure they are able to seamlessly go through the Online/Mobile Banking enrollment process. Joint owners will need to call 215-931-0300 or 800-228-8801, or stop at a branch.
We plan to release the new Online/Mobile Banking platform in May 2019. Important details and information about the new system, such as how to log in for the first time, will be communicated to you. Please read and be aware of these communications and reach out with any questions you might have. We look forward to providing you with an enhanced Online/Mobile Banking platform.
Savings Rates that Beat the Competition.
PFFCU raised Certificate yields to continue to offer you great short and long term savings yields that are superior to the competition. We make it easy for you to open an account or transfer funds from other financial institutions. Simply stop by any PFFCU branch, call 215-931-0300 or 800-228-8801 to speak to a Member Service Representative, or visit us online at PFFCU.org.
Save more with our Premium Yield Account (PYA) which offers a great rate on balances of $2,500 to $49,999. We also offer a Jumbo PYA earning higher yields on balances of $50,000 and above.
Thank you for your continued support of PFFCU. The Board of Directors and I are committed to continuing to earn your Trust by providing superior Service, Value, and Convenience. However, if you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving, please ask to speak to a PFFCU manager to address your concern immediately or email me at LaRosaJ@PFFCU.org.
Chief Executive Officer and Treasurer of the Board of Directors
1. The Member Bonus was based on deposit interest earned, loan interest paid, and courtesy overdraft fees paid January 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018. First mortgages sold to Fannie Mae, including all 30-year fixed rate mortgages, and Student Loans were not eligible for the Member Bonus.
2. The Police and Fire Federal Credit Union Member Bonus Program is subject to change at any time, without notice. The Member Bonus amount, when paid, is dependent on Police and Fire Federal Credit Union’s financial performance and is not guaranteed. Student Loans are not eligible for the Member Bonus. To receive the Member Bonus, you must meet all eligibility criteria and have an account in good standing on the deposit date. You must not have caused PFFCU a loss with a charged-off loan(s) and/or a negative share charge-off(s) in the last five years. Member Bonus payout requires that you must have accumulated enough deposit interest, loan interest or courtesy overdraft fees to qualify for at least a $1 Member Bonus. Maximum Member Bonus payout is $1,000. First mortgages sold to Fannie Mae that are active as of November 30, 2019, may receive up to $100 for the Member Bonus Program in 2019. The Member Bonus may be taxable and a portion will be included on a 1099-INT form. Police and Fire Federal Credit Union does not provide tax advice, please consult a tax advisor.
3. PFFCU Certificate APYs (Annual Percentage Yield) are effective as of 1/1/2019 and are subject to change without notice.
4. PFFCU PYA APYs are effective as of 1/1/2019 and are subject to change without notice.
5. Competitors’ APYs are effective as of 11/9/2018 and are subject to change.