First Front Door Program funding is closed for 2019. The program will reopen March 16, 2020.
Buying your first home?
Get up to $5,000 toward down payment and closing costs.
PFFCU offers a grant program for first time home buyers funded by FHLBank of Pittsburgh. Through the First Front Door (FFD) program, for every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000 for qualified borrowers.
FFD grant funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding opens each year in the spring and is a limited time offer. If you are interested in this program, it is good to prepare in advance. Contact our experienced Mortgage Advisors who can help you determine if the FFD program is a good match and can inform you of the date when funding opens.
Who Qualifies for First Front Door?
Home buyers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a first-time home buyer (which means you have not owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years. This includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Contribute personal funds as part of the down payment and closing costs.
- Have a household income at or below 80% of the area median income at the time of registration.
- Complete at least four hours of home ownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- If a student, earn income working more than 30 hours per week.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
How Does First Front Door Work?
- Contact a PFFCU Mortgage Advisor to discuss eligibility.
- Home buyer will collect financial information and PFFCU Mortgage Advisor will submit FFD registration request.
- FHLBank will process your request within 10 business days.
- If the application is approved, you will have six months to buy a home with the grant money. During that six month period, you must complete the required homeownership counseling.
Applying for First Front Door
To get started, call 267-332-3400 and ask to speak to a Mortgage Advisor.